The nearest international airport and railway station are in Prague (a good interactive map of Prague is available at http://www.mapy.cz)
Prague Airport (Ruzyne) - Pruhonice
- Public transport: take the bus line 119 to the metro station "Dejvická" (final stop). Then take the metro A line (green), change for C line (red) at the station "Muzeum" and get off at the "Opatov" station. Change for the Pruhonice commuter bus (see below). When you exit the station, take the escalator at your right hand side and go to the end of the platform. The following bus lines go to Pruhonice: 325, 363, and 385 (an allowance has to be made as the busses operate at 15-20 min intervals). To get to both the conference venue and hotels easily, get off at the "Pruhonice" stop. It takes ca. 1 hour 30 min travelling time to get to Pruhonice from the airport. The bus timetable is found at www.dp-praha.cz. Fares: 18-24 CZK (0.60 or 0.80 €), depending on the time spent by transport, the tickets are time limited.
- Shuttle busses: Ca 40-60 min. Microbus, 6 seats, ca 800 CZK (26.67 €)
- Taxi: The price consists of 25 CZK (0.76 €) boarding fee and 17 CZK/km (0.52 €/km) (possible waiting fee of 4 CZK/min (0.12 €/min)). Ask about an estimate of the charge first; it definitively should not be over 1000 CZK (30.52 €).
Central Railway Station (Praha hlavní nádraí) - Pruhonice
- Public transport: take the metro C line (red) and get off at the "Opatov" station. For further see above. It takes ca. 40 min travelling time to get to Pruhonice from the railway station. Fares: 18 CZK (0.60 €).
- Taxi: for price see above. Ask about an estimate of the charge first; it definitively should not be over 700 CZK (21.36 €).
From Prague: take the main highway to the south (E55 to Brno, Wien, Ceské Budejovice) and leave at the Pruhonice exit. When leaving the highway, turn left at the first crossroads. This will take you directly to Pruhonice (hotel Tulipán directly at your left-hand side).
From the west (Plzen, Nürnberg): unless you have a special reason to do so, do not enter the city of Prague; you may use a tangential highway that links the highway from Plzen (E50) to the highway to the south (E55, E65, E50) that will bring you to Pruhonice as if you were going from Prague.
From the south (Brno, Wien, Linz): leave at the Pruhonice exit at the highway from the south (E55, E65, E50) before reaching Prague and turn right at the first roundabout. This will take you directly to Pruhonice (hotel Tulipán directly at your left-hand side).