Procedure for admittance of Associate
Associate Members participate in agreed ENBI activities on
the same basis as the existing members, however with no financial
support. The ENBI co-ordinator may decide on a case-by-case
basis whether a representative of an Associate Member will
be supported financially as an Invited Expert.
The procedure to admit Associate Members is as follows:
- Proposals to add Associate Members to the network will
come from specific organisations, or will be recommended
by present members of the network. Any proposal has to be
sent to the general co-ordinator of ENBI, and with specified
information. The information should include:
- The status of the organisation.
- Its activity programme relevant to ENBI.
- A justification of the added value for ENBI.
- A description of the way the organisation will contribute
to the objectives of ENBI and through which ENBI work
- The relevant WP co-ordinator(s) will be asked for advice,
and will have to specify -in communication with the proposer-
the task(s) of the potential Associate Member.
- These advices will be discussed in the ENBI management
committee (meeting of general co-ordinator with cluster
- After hearing the opinions and considerations in the ENBI
management committee, the general ENBI co-ordinator will
decide about admitting the proposed Associate Member.
- A memorandum of Understanding will be drawn up, and signed
by the ENBI co-ordinator and the authorized person in the
associate member organisation.
- The European Commission, and all the ENBI members, will
subsequently be notified about the Memorandum of Understanding.